Watch What do I do as a Software Engineer? from mayuko and answer the following questions:
1. Mayuko says she spends 20% of her time collaborating with cross-functional roles. What does this mean?
She thinks that it is very important to discuss with PMs, designers, and other engineers to create a good product.
2. What is the role of the product engineer in the process of creating apps?
The role of the product engineer is to discuss with other members what should we create and actually built it.
3. What do you think would be the most challenging part of being a software engineer?
I think that the most challenging part is thinking about what we really should create. We always have limited time and money. To do the best within our resources is diffucult, but that is also interesting.
makse small talk about your last holiday or your last vacation.
Last holiday, I was at home all day because I needed to complete my tax return. It was three days before the deadline. I really wanted to finish it long before, but I couldn't. It was a very hard task. The web system that I need to operate was very complex. In Japan, we can get our individual number card for taxes, which is called my number card. However, the procedure of this card is also complex. Everything was very complex. So when I completed my task, my holiday was over. I'm going to have a good rest next holiday.
- Every morning, I wake up at 8am and make a cup of coffee.
- When I go to the office, I check news on the train.
- Before work, I write down what I have to do.
- After work, I jog about 30 minutes.
- Before going to bed, I usually do a light stretch.
When do people usually make small talk?
We make small talk in social situations. For example, when I meet someone for the first time. The other day I went to a bar with my friend. My friend took his friend who I hadn't ever seen. So we talked about living area, our jobs, our hobbies, and so on. I think that was typically small talk.
Of course, we make small talk in work also. For example, before starting work, I frequently talk with my colleagues. We talk about anything. About weather, physical condition, family events, work progress.
I doesn't think there is a Japanese word that mean "small talk" perfectly. However, we make small talk daily. I think we use different Japanese words to describe "small talk". Small talk is a convenient word.
- How are you feeling today?
- I'm doing well, thank you for asking.
- What did you do today?
- I have been working all day!
- I'm still working.
- I'm a software engineer.
- That sounds interesting!
- What kind of systems do you develop for agricultural IoT?
- Wow, that's really innovative!
- How does the system work exactly?
- It must be satisfying to work on a project that has such a positive impact on people's lives.
- Do you have any ideas on how to promote the system to potential customers?
- It's important to identify the target audience and find ways to reach out to them effectively.
- Our team should identify the target audience more.
- By understanding the needs and preferences of your target audience, you can create marketing messages and strategies that will resonate with them.